Tuesday, September 4, 2012

That's Not Art!

 
So it came to my attention this previous week that what I had thought of as "Art" is really only a fragment of the reality. I had already known of many different types of things that have been considered "Art" but I was left astounded at the more "modern" versions of art that exist out there. So I have been literally stumped as to what I wanted to put on my blog to share with all of you. Also, how can I make connections with "art" and science/technology if I don't believe in this new "art" in the first place? 

I guess I won't die if I try right? :) One of the things I think is amazing is the different ways technology is being used by artists and how traditional tools such as paintbrushes and real paint are being substituted for photographic editing software! So below you will see a youtube video of an individual who used IPad's Painting App to "finger paint" a picture of Megan Fox (an actress) in a minute. 


If someone would have showed me the finished product, at a first glance I would have thought that it was a picture of her. However, its amazing how "artists" are evolving including their techniques that are being used to create "art". 

In the book Digital Art, the author talks about how in the 1970s and '80s the majority of different types of artists where JUST BEGINNING to start to really experiment with the new type of imaging techniques that would be similar to the one seen above. Just look in two decades, artists are long gone from experimenting and are now much more like pros!

No comments:

Post a Comment